World-Class Radiation Therapy in Pasadena, CA
At Pasadena CyberKnife, we have one, simple mission: make some of the best cancer care in the world available to patients throughout in Pasadena and the greater Los Angeles area. We offer a variety of convenient, effective treatment options, and we can treat virtually any form of cancerous condition – including all forms of abdominal cancer.
CyberKnife for Abdominal Treatment
Abdominal cancer is different from many forms of cancer in that it’s not one specific condition. Rather, it’s a blanket term that applies to any cancerous growth that forms within the tissues and organs of the abdomen. The most common forms of abdominal cancer include:
- Liver cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Kidney cancer (renal cell cancer)
- Stomach cancer (gastric cancer)
Each of these conditions may have different outlooks and treatment options that ultimately depend on the specifics of your case – but at Palo Verde Cancer Specialists, we can often use CyberKnife to treat abdominal cancer.
CyberKnife is our flagship treatment, and it unites some of the most advanced medical technology in the world to create a revolutionary form of radiation therapy. It’s a completely noninvasive system that requires no cuts or incisions, instead using radiation – the same type of energy in visible light – to attack cancer cells. Thanks to its advanced medical imaging and targeting systems, CyberKnife can deliver high-dose radiation directly to the site of a tumor anywhere in the body.
The Benefits of CyberKnife
If CyberKnife is an option for your case, it can come with a number of advantages over other treatments. Some of the principal benefits of CyberKnife include:
- Completely Noninvasive: CyberKnife is 100% nonsurgical and noninvasive. No incisions are necessary – you simply lie comfortably as CyberKnife delivers radiation to your tumor.
- Convenient Treatment Schedule: Most patients receive their treatment over the course of 1 to 5 consecutive days. Each treatment appointment lasts about an hour, and most patients feel well enough to go about their day after treatment.
- No Immobility Devices: Unlike many other forms of radiation therapy, CyberKnife has a powerful motion-tracking system that can compensate for involuntary tumor movement in real time. This means you’ll never have to wear an uncomfortable immobility brace during treatment.
- Fewer Side Effects: Most patients experience minimal side effects from CyberKnife.
- Insurance-Approved: CyberKnife is approved by Medicare and most insurance companies.
Schedule a Consultation for CyberKnife in Pasadena
CyberKnife can provide a powerful, convenient treatment option for many patients with abdominal cancer – but the only way to know if it’s right for you is to schedule a consultation with a qualified radiation oncologist. At Pasadena CyberKnife, we proudly help patients beat cancer using CyberKnife every day. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out if CyberKnife is right for you.