Cancer Treatment Center in Pasadena, CA
A cancer diagnosis is a scary experience for anyone – but no matter who you are or what you’re up against, Pasadena CyberKnife is committed to helping you win the fight against cancer. As a leading cancer treatment center serving the LA area, we provide a wide variety of world-class treatments for almost any form of cancer. And if you or someone you love has recently been diagnosed with abdominal cancer, we can help.
What Is Abdominal Cancer?
The phrase “abdominal cancer” is a little different from most forms of cancer, as it doesn’t refer to one specific condition. Rather, abdominal cancer is a blanket term that applies to any cancerous growth that forms in the tissues or organs of the abdominal cavity. This means abdominal cancer includes many specific cancerous conditions, each with its own symptoms, outlook, and treatment options. Abdominal cancer includes several common types of cancer:
- Stomach (Gastric) Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Kidney (Renal) Cancer
As well as a few rarer forms of cancer:
- Adrenocortical Cancer: Cancer affecting the adrenal glands
- Primary Peritoneal Cancer: Cancer that begins in the peritoneum, the thin lining of the abdomen
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma: A specific cancer of the peritoneum caused by asbestos exposure
Treatment Options for Abdominal Cancer
Because abdominal cancer includes so many specific subconditions, there is no one standard treatment for abdominal cancer – it’s entirely dependent on the specifics of your condition. That said, we offer a variety of treatment options at our Pasadena cancer clinic, and your doctor may choose any of the following methods to treat your abdominal cancer:
- Surgery: Surgical excision (removal) of the tumor.
- Radiation Therapy: A system like CyberKnife, which uses electromagnetic radiation to kill cancer cells without surgery.
- Chemotherapy: A treatment using pharmaceutical drugs that attack fast-growing cells in the body, including cancer cells.
- Targeted Therapy: Similar to chemotherapy, but this uses newer drugs that may cause fewer side effects.
- Immunotherapy: A treatment that uses pharmaceuticals to stimulate the body’s natural immune system to attack cancer cells.
Often, your doctor will opt to combine two or more treatment methods for the best possible chance at success. It ultimately depends on your condition, your diagnosis, and your own personal preferences.
Schedule a Consultation with Your Pasadena Radiation Therapy Clinic
If you or someone you love is fighting cancer, you deserve the best the world has to offer as your treatment team – and at Pasadena CyberKnife, that’s what we aim to provide. No matter what type or stage of abdominal cancer you’re up against, we’ll work with you to design a comprehensive treatment plan and help you beat it. Contact us today to schedule your treatment consultation and start on the road towards a healthy, normal lifestyle.