At Pasadena CyberKnife Center, we are passionate about helping our patients rekindle hope and reclaim their lives – and we’re never more grateful to do it then when we’re working with a veteran. At our office, we are proud of the long tradition of service that our veterans continue to selflessly uphold, and we firmly believe in the importance of giving back to our veterans. That’s why we’re excited to announce that our office has joined the Veteran’s Choice Program – and if you’re a veteran, you may be eligible for treatment.
Giving Choice in Medical Care
The Veteran’s Choice Program, or VCP, is an initiative aimed at easing the burden on VA hospitals and ensuring that veterans get timely, convenient access to the care they need. Essentially, the program allows qualifying veterans to seek treatment from a qualified non-VA hospital if they can’t easily get treatment through the VA system. It’s a great way for veterans to access the high-quality care they need without excessive travel or wait times.
Do I Qualify for the Veteran’s Choice Program?
If you’re a veteran, you may well qualify for the VCP. Here are a few of the factors for qualification:
- Can’t schedule an appointment within 30 days of the clinically indicated date
- Live more than 40 miles from a VA facility
- Must travel by boat, ferry, or plane to get to a VA facility
- Face an unusual or excessive burden in getting to a VA facility
Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis, but if you’ve had difficulty getting treatment from the VA for whatever reason, you may be able to join the program. Check out this information sheet or call (866) 606-8198 to find out if you’re eligible – or, for more information, reach out to us.
Contact Your Pasadena CyberKnife Cancer Treatment Center
If you’d like to find out more about the VCP, learn more about CyberKnife treatment, or want to schedule a consultation with us, feel free to call us at (626) 325-0777 or reach out to us at our contact page. We can’t wait to hear from you, and whether you’re a proud veteran or a citizen who wants to take their life back, we look forward to helping you find hope even in the darkest situation.
At Pasadena CyberKnife Center, we believe everyone deserves a happy, healthy life and to take hope even in the darkest of times. That’s why we’re proud to provide CyberKnife: a revolutionary cancer treatment method that combines some of the most advanced medical technologies in the world to create a cancer treatment that’s more comfortable, convenient, and effective than almost anything else on the market today. Thanks to its unique combination of technologies, CyberKnife comes with a variety of advantages over other treatments.
The Benefits of CyberKnife
- Versatile: Because CyberKnife can target a tumor anywhere in the body from almost any angle, it can be used to treat a wide variety of cancers including brain, lung, head & neck, prostate, and many more.
- Non-Surgical: CyberKnife treatment is performed purely through precision radiation beams, meaning there’s never any need for invasive surgery or cutting of any kind.
- Motion-Tracking: Thanks to the Synchrony Respiration Tracking System, CyberKnife can automatically measure and account for movement during normal breathing and respiration.
- Comfortable: Unlike other radiation therapies, CyberKnife doesn’t use painful braces and restraints during treatment. All the patient needs to do is lie still on a comfortable platform as CyberKnife attacks their cancerous tumor.
- Precise: CyberKnife’s advanced targeting systems mean there’s minimal damage to surrounding tissues and cells.
- Convenient: CyberKnife has almost no side effects and no recovery time, so patients can continue going about their daily lives during treatment. While other forms of treatment often require 30-40 sessions, CyberKnife typically requires only 1-5 fraction treatments.
- Effective: CyberKnife is one of the most effective cancer treatments on the market today, and we’ll continually monitor the tumor to ensure treatment was effective.
Contact Your Pasadena, CA Cancer Treatment Center
A cancer diagnosis used to be a death sentence, but with CyberKnife, there’s new hope. If you or a loved one has recently been diagnosed with cancer, don’t wait – contact us today. Feel free to call us at (626) 325-0777 with any questions, or if you’d like to schedule a consultation, you can reach out to us at our contact page. We can’t wait to hear from you, and we look forward to helping you free yourself from cancer and reclaim your life.